solar system quiz, gk planet
- Planets are opaque bodies , which continuously revoice around and are lighted by the Sun.
- There are eight planets in the solar system.
- The Sequence of Planets according to their size (in descending order) is Jupiter , Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Earth, Venus, Mars and Mercury.
- The sequence of planets according ti their distance from the sun is Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune.
Classification of Planets
- Inner Planets Include Mercury, Venus, Earth & Mars.
- Outer Planets Include Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
Inner Planet :—–
They are called as Terrestrial or Rock planets. They are nearer to the Sun. They have very few natural satellites (or moons) or no satellites. They have a core of molten metals. They move faster and have a shorter period of revolution.
Outer Planet :—–
They are called as Jovian or Gaseous planets. They are far away from the sun. They have a large number of natural satellites (or moons). They have ring system around the sun. They move rather slowly and have a longer period of revolution.
Specifics of The Planets
- Biggest planet :—– Jupiter.
- Biggest Satellite :—– Gannymede.
- Blue Planet :—– Earth.
- Green Planet :—– Uranus.
- Brightest Planet :—– Venus.
- Brightest star outside Solar System :—– Sirius (Dog Star).
- Closest Star of Solar System :—– Proxima Centauri.
- Coldest Planet :—— Neptune.
- Evening Star :—– Venus.
- Fastest revolution in Solar System :—– Mercury.
- Hottest Planet :—— Venus.
- Densest Planet :—— Earth.
- Fastest rotation in solar system :—— Jupiter.
- Morning Star :—– Venus.
- Nearest Planet to Earth :—— Venus.
- Nearest Planet to sun :—— Mercury.
- Red Planet :—— Mars.
- Slowest revolution in solar System :—— Neptune.
- Slowest rotation in Solar System :—— Venus.
- Smallest Planet :—— Mercury.
- Smallest Satellite :—— Deimos.
- Earth’s twin :—– Venus.
- Only satellite with an atmosphere like Earth :—— Titan.
Get more important gk topic
in your mailbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.