Religions of The World-list of religion
Religions of The World,list all varieties of religion like – buddhism,confucianism,Christianity,Hinduism,Islam,Judaism ect
1) Buddhism: —–
- Founder : — Gautam Siddhartha Buddha (563-483 BC) born in Nepal (Lumbini).
- Founded in : — 528 BC.
- Followed in : — China, Tibat, Korea, Mongolia, Nepal, Bhutan, Thailland, Japan, Laos, Myanmar,(Burma), Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Taiwan, Indonesia, Bhutan and Vietnam.
- Sacred Text : — The Tripitak (Collection of Buddha’s teachings) also called Sutras.
- Sacred places :– Lumbini ( Nepal) where Buddha was born, Bodh Gaya (Bihar) where he received Enghtenment and Kushinagar (UP) where he attained ‘Nirvana’.
- Place of worship : — Chaitya (temple) and Vihara (where Monks reside)
- Sects : — Mahayana and Hinayana.
2) Confucianism : —–
- Founder : — King Fu Tsu, better known as Confucius (551-479 BC) born in the State of Lu in China.
- Founded in : — 500 BC.
- Followed in : — China, Taiwan, South Korea, Nauru and Vietnam.
- Sacred Text : — The Analects.
- Sacred Place : — Peking (Beijing) in China.
- Place of Worship : — No Church of temple.
3) Christianity : —–
- Founder : — Jeesus Christ (4 BC-30 AD) born in Judea, also called Jesus of Nazareth.
- Founder in : — 2005 years ago.
- Followed in : — Spread all over the world.
- Sacred text : — Holy Bible consisting of the Old Testament (before Christ) and the New Testament (during and after Chirist).
- Place of worship : — Church.
- Important seats : — Cathotics and Protestants.
4) Hinduism : —–
· Founder : — Of divine origin.
· Founded in : — 1500 BC.
· Followed in : — Hindu religion concentrated in Indiaand Nepal and also found in Bhutan, Fiji, Gyuana, Indonesia, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Surinam, Trindad and Tobago, Bali.
· Sacred texts : — The Vedus, the Upanishads, The “Bhagaved Gita” and The epics the Mahabharata and the Ramayana.
· Place of worship : — Temple.
5) Islamc or muslim : —–
- Founder : — Prophet Mohammed (570-632 AD) dorn in Mecca (Saudi Arabia).
- Founded in : — 622 AD.
- Followed in : — West coast of Africa which includes Tanzania, Southern part of Russia and China, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Indonesia Also parts of North Africa.
- Sacred texts : — Quran (words of God) ,hadis (collection of Prophets sayings).
- Sacred places : — Makkah (Mecca in Saudi Arabia).
- Place of worship : — masjid (mosque).
- Important seats : — Sunnis and Shias.
6) Judaism (Relligion of the Hebrews): —–
- Founder : — Moses, born in Egypt.
- Founded in : — 1300 BC.
- Followed in : — World wide; mainlyin Israel and United States.
- Sacred texts : — Hals , found particularly in the five book of the Boble; commentary on Torah known as Taimud and Midrash.
- Sacred Places : — Jerusalem.
- Place of worship : — Synagogue.
7) Shintoism : —–
- Founder : — Began with Japanese culture and developed out of tradition and ancestor worship.
- Founded in : — Antiquity.
- Followed in : — Japan.
- Sacred in : — No specific text.
- Sacred Place : — Central Shrine of Ise (central Japan) and the Yasukuni Shrine in Tokyo.
8) Sikhism : —–
- Founder :– Guru Nanak (1469-1539)
- Founded in : — 1500 AD.
- Followed in : — India.
- Sacred text : — Guru Granth Saheb.
- Sacred Place : — The Golden Temple of Amritsar.
- Place of worship : — Gurdwara.
9) Taoism : —–
- Founder : — Lao-tsc, a Chinese philosopher.
- Founded in : — 6th century BC.
- Followed in : — China, Taiwan, Nauru, Brunel, Singapore and Vietnam.
- Sacred text : — Tao-te-Ching.
10) Zoroastrianism ( parsi Religion) : —–
- Founder : — Zoroaster, Born I medea (modern Iran) about 660 BC.
- Founded in : — Around 500 BC.
- Followed in : — Iran and north-west India. The Zoroastrains who fled to India during the eighth century are the ancestors of the Present Parsi Community in India.
- Sacred text : — Zend Avesta.
- Place of worship : — Fire temple.
Get more important gk topic
in your mailbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.