1.Which of the following is NOT associated with Computers?
(a) Bit (b) Binary (c) Pencil (d) Mouse (e) Screen
- The first computer which provides storage is
(a) EDSAC (b) EDBAC (c) MARK-I (d) ACE (e) None of these
- Microcomputer hardware consists of three basic categories of physical equipment (a) keyboard, monitor, hard drive (b) system unit, input/output, memory (c) system unit, input/output, secondary storage (d) system unit, primary storage, secondary storage
(e) None of these
- A desktop computer is also known as a –
(a) Palm Pilot (b) PC (c) laptop (d) mainframe (e) None of these
5.The benefit of using computers is that (a) Computers are very fast and can store huge amounts of data (b) Computers provide accurate output even when input is incorrect (c) Computers are designed to be inflexible (d) All of these (e) None of these
- In latest generation computers, the instructions are executed (a) Parallel only (b) Sequentially only (c) Both sequentially and parallel (d) All of above
(e) None of these
- Which of the following are computers that can be carried around easily?
(a) Laptops (b) Supercomputers (c) PCs (d) Minicomputers (e) None of these
- The basic goal of computer process is to convert data into
(a) information (b) tables (C) files (d) graphs (e) None of these
- Computers gather data, which means they allow users to data.
(a) present (b) store (C) output (d) input (e) None of these
- Which of the following is not the major function of a computer?
(a) Processing data into information (b) Storing data or information (c) Gathering data (d) Analysing data or information (e) None of these
- When your computer stops working suddenly, it is referred to as a
(a) crash (b) die (c) death (d) penalty () None of these
- First supercomputer developed in India is
(a) PARAM (b) ARYA BHATT (c) BUDDHA (d) SHIVA (e) None of these
- Consider the following:
- C II. C++ III. COPOL Which among the above is/are high-level languages (HLL) (a) Only I(b) I & II (c) II & III
(d) I, II & III
- What do we call an input/output device on a computer, reserved for communication between the computer operator or maintenance engineer and the computer?
(a) EDP Device (b) Console (c) Jokey (d) Link Device
- Dynamic Ad-hoc Wireless Networks (DAWN) usually comes under_?
(a) 26 (b) 3G (c) 4G (d) 5G
- A is a small hand-held computer that helps you surf the Web and perform simple tasks.
(a) desktop computer (b) mobile phone (c) notebook computer (d) minicomputer (e) PDA
- A portable, personal computer, small enough to fit on your lap, is called a
(a) notebook computer (b) handheld computer (c) mainframe computer (d) desktop computer (e) super computer ·
- Computers manipulate data in many ways, and this manipulation is called
(a) upgrading (b) processing (c) batching (d) utilising (e) downloading
- Microprocessor was introduced in whichgeneration of computer? (a) Second Generation (b) Fourth Generation (c) Both (a) and (b) (d) Fourth Generation
(e) None of these
- A———computer is a large and expensive computer capable of simultaneously processing data for hundreds or thousands of users
(a) server (b) mainframe (c) desktop (d) tablet (e) None of these
- Compatibility in regard to computers refers to
(a) the software doing the right job for the user (b) it being versatile enough to handle the job (c) the software being able to run on the computer software running with other previously installed software (e) None of the above
- The first computers were programmed using
(a) assembly language (b) machine language (c) spaghetti code
source code (e) None of the above
- —————-are specially designed computer chips that reside inside other devices, such as your car or your electronic thermostat.
(a) Server (b) Embedded computers (c) Robotic computers (d) Main frames,
(e) None of these
- Every computer has a (n) ; many also have
(a) operating system; a client system (b) operating system; instruction sets
(c) application programs; an operating system (d) application programs; a client system (e) operating system; application programs
- Computers that are portable and convenient for users who travel are known as
(a) supercomputers (b) planners (c) minicomputers (d) file servers (e) laptops
- The computer’s capability of distinguishing spoken words is called
(a) voice analysis (b) speech acknowledgment (C) voice recognition (d) speech interpretation (e) vocalisation
- What is an embedded system?
(a) A program that comes wrapped in a box. (b) A program that is permanent part of a computer (c) A computer that is part of a larger computer (d) A computer and software system that controls a machine or appliance (e) None of these
- All computers must have
(a) a word processing software (b) an operating system (C) an attached printer (d) a virus checking program (e) None of these
- Computers excel at
(a) performing the same action(s) over and over the same way. (b) keeping track of large numbers of small details. (c) providing creative solutions to problems. (d) working in fractions of seconds. (e) All of these
- Which of the following refers to the fastest, biggest and most, expensive computers?
(a) Notebooks (b) Personal Computers (c) Laptops (d) Supercomputers
- Which is not a basic function of a computer?
(a) Accept and process data (b) Accept input (c) Process data (d) Store data (e) Scan text
- Choose the odd one out.
(a) Microcomputer (b) Minicomputer (C) Supercomputer (d) Notebook computer
(e) Digital computer
- A computer system that is old and perhaps not satisfactory is referred to as a(n)
(a) Ancient system (b) Historical system (c) Age old system (d) Legacy system
(e) Legal system
- The basic goal of a computer process is to convert data into
(a) graphs (b) tables (c) files (d) information (e) diagram
- Analog computer works on the supply of
(a) continuous electrical pulses (b) Electrical pulses but not continuous (c) Magnetic strength (d) Physical strength (e) Natural strength
- Laptops are
(a) Computers used in chemical laboratories (b) Portable, light weight and fit into briefcases (c) Hearing voice recognition system (d) Desktop (e). All of the above
37.———is not a microcomputer
(a) Desktop computer (b) Tablet PC (c) Handled computer (d) Mainframe computer
- General purpose computer are used for
(a) Accounting (b) Creating a small database (c) Performs calculation (d) All of the above (e) None of these
- Which is not the example of special purpose computer ?
(a) Automatic Aircraft Landing (b) Word Processor (c) Multimedia computer (d) All of the above (e) None of these
- Palmtop computer is also known as
(a) Personal computer (b) Notebook computer (c) Tablet PC (d) Handled computer (e) None of these
Get more important gk topic
in your mailbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.