national security india
national security India type list here ——
- Assam Rifles:—- Established in 1835 and is the oldest paramilitary force in India.To keep vigilance of international borders in North-East countering insurgency operations inArunachal Pradesh,Mizoram,Manipur and Nagaland.
- Border Security Force (BSF):—- Establish in 1965,it keep a vigil over the international borders against the intrusion in the country.
- Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF):—- It was set up in 1939.Its main objective is to assist the State/Union Territory Police in maintenance of law and order.The 88th Battalion of CRPF, known as’Mahila Battalion’ is the world’s first Paramilitary force comprising entirely of women.
- Central industrial Security Force(CISF):—- Set up in 1969,after the recommendations of justice B.Muukherji. National security guard for industrial complexes of Central Government.
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police(ITBP):—- It was established in 1962,after the china war. Basically employed in the Northern borders for Monitoring the borders and also to stop smuggling and illegal immigration.
- National Security Guards (NSG):—- Established in 1984, to counter-surge of militancy in the country. Its highly trained force,which deals with the militants effectively.
- Territorial Army (TA):—- Established in 1948.it is a voluntary,Part-time force (between 18 and 42 years ),not of professional soldiers,but civilians,who wish to assist in defence of the country.
- Home Guard:—- Established in 1962, assist the police in maintaining security, to help defence forces and to help local authorities in case of any eventuality.
- Coast Guard:—- Set up in 1978, its objective is to protect the maritime and other national interests in the maritime zones of India.
- Intelligence Bureau:—- Objective is to collect secret information relating to country’s security, set up in
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI):—- Established in 1953, its objective is to investigate cases of misconduct by public servants,cases of cheating, embezzlement and fraud. CBI also entrusted with the investigation of international crime cases in collaboration with INTERPOL.
- National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB):—- Set up in 1986, its objective is to collect crime statistics at the national level, information of inter-state and international criminals to help investigation agencies.
- Rapid Action Force (RAF):—- Established in 1992. Under the operational command of CRPF, 10 battalions of the CRPF have been reoriented for tackling communal riots in the country.
Get more important gk topic
in your mailbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.