18th-century ruler of Mysore First use iron-cased rockets and Tipu Sultan use them against British East India Company.
After that Modern India use various type dangerous Missile developed by the Special Weapon Development Team under DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization).
check now -- Indian defence structure.
- Prithvi:---- Prithvi is a tactical surface to surface short-range Ballistic Missile (SRBM).
- Prithvi 1 (SS-150) :---- Army version (150 km range with a payload of 1000 kg).
- Prithvi 2 (SS-250) :---- Air Force Version (250 km range with a payload of 500kg).
- Prithvi 3 (SS-350) :---- Navel Version (350 km range with payload of 500 kg).
- Agni 1:---- Medium range ballistic missile with a range of 700-1200 km.
- Agni 2:---- Intermediate range ballistic missile with a range of 2000-2500 km.
- Agni 3:---- Intermediate range ballistic missile with a range of 3000-5000 km.
- Agni 4:---- Intermediate range ballistic missile with a range of 3200-3700 km.
- Agni 5:---- Intercontinental ballistic missile with a range of 5000-6000 km.
- Dhanush (SS-350):---- Dhanush is reportedly a naval version of Prithvi-3, which can be launched from ships, it can carry 500 kg of conventional or nuclear warhead.
- Astra:---- Astra is beyond visual range(BVR) air to air missile, target at varying range and altitudes allowing for both short range(20 km) and long range (80 km).
- Akash:---- Akash is a medium range surface to air missile defence system developed by DRDO. missile can target aircraft up to 30km away, altitudes of 18000m.
- Trishul:---- Trishul is a short-range surface to air missile.weight(130 kg) and the range of missile is 12km , fitted with a 15 kg warhead.
- Nag:---- Nag is India's third generation fire and forget anti-tank missile. It is an all weather .top attack missile with a range of 3 to 7 km.
- Sagarika:---- k-15 Sagarika is a nuclear - capable submarine-launched ballistic missile with range 700 km.
- Brahmos:---- Brahmos is a stealth supersonic cruise missile that can be launched from submarines ,ships,aircrafts or land.It is joint venture between India's DRDO and Russain Federation's NPO Mashinostroeyenia.It is the world faster cruise missile in operation.It has range 290 km and it can carry 300 kg of conventional or nuclear warhead.
- Shaurya:---- Shaurya Missile is a Short range surface to surface ballistic missile use by Indian army capable of hypersonic speeds ,range 600 km.Carrying a payload of one tonne conventional or nuclear warhead.
- Nirbhay:---- Nirbhay is a long range, subsonic cruise missile being developed in India. The missile will have a range of 1000 km.It will be launched from multiple platforms on land, sea and air.
Get more important gk topic
in your mailbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.