Indian war history important battle’s
Indian war history date and results —–
- Battle of Hydaspas (326 B.C) :—- Porus and Alexander (win Alexander).
- Kalinga War (261 B.C) :—- Asoka and adapts Buddhism (win Asoka).
- Invasion of Sind (712 A.D) :—- Mohammed-bin-Qasim and Dahir (.win Mohammed-bin-Qasim).
- First Battleof Tarain (1191 A.D) :—- Prithviraj Chauhan and Mohammed Ghori (win Prithviraj Chauhan)..
- Second Battleof Tarain (1192 A.D) :—- Ghori and Prithviraj Chauhan (win Ghori)..
- Battle of Chhandwar (1194 A.D) :—- Ghori and Jaichandra of Kannauj (win Ghori).
- First Battleof Panipat (1526 A.D) :—- Babar and Ibrahim Lodhi (win Babar).
- Battle of Khanua (1527 A.D) :—- Babar and Rana Sanga (win Babar).
of Ghaghara (1529 A.D) :—- Babar and the Afghans (win Babar).
- Battle of Chausa (1539 A.D) :—- Sher Shah Suri and Humayun (win Sher Shah Suri).
- Battle of Kannauj (or Bilgram) (1540 A.D) :—- Sher Shah Suri and Humayun (win Sher Shah Suri).
- Second Battleof Panipat (1556 A.D) :—- Bairam Khan (representing Akbar) and Hemu (win Bairam Khan).
- Battle of Talikota (or Banihatti) (1565 A.D) :—- Vijaynagar empire (represented by Sadasiva) and Deccan sultanates Hussain Nizam Shah (win Hussain Nizam Shah).
- Battle of Haldighati (1576 A.D) :—- Akbar and Maharana Pratap (win Akbar).
- Mewar submitted to the Mughals (1615 A.D) :—- Peace treaty signed between Jahangiri and Rana Amar Singh of Mewar.
- Mughal-Safavid War (1649 A.D) :—- Mughals lose Kandahar to Persia.
- Battle of Dharmatt and Samugarh (1658 A.D) :—- Aurangzeb and Dara Shikoh (win Aurangzeb).
- Seige of Purandar (1665 A.D) :—- Raja Jai Singh and Shivaji. Treaty of Purandar signed (win Raja Jai Singh).
- Battle of Khed (1708 A.D) :—- Shahu and Tara Bai (win Shahu).
- Battle of Bhopal (1737 A.D) : —- Baji Rao and Mohammed Shah (win Baji Rao).
- Battle of Karnal (1739 A.D) :—- Nadir Shah and Mohammed Shah (win Nadir Shah).
- Battle of Plassey (1757 A.D) :—- Robert Clive and Siraj-ud-daula, the Nawab of Bengal (win Robert Clive).
- Battle of Wandiwash (1760 A.D) :—- English and the French (win English).
- Third Battleof Panipat (1761 A.D) :—- Ahmed Shah Abdali and Marathas (win Ahmed Shah).
- Battle of Buxar (1764 A.D) :—- English Hector Munro and combined armies of Nawab Mir Qasim of Bengal, Nawab Shuja-ud-daula of Awadh and Mughal emperor Shah Alam (win Hector Munro).
- First Anglo MysoreWar (1767-69 A.D) :—- Hyder Ali and English forces (win Hyder Ali).
- First Anglo Maratha War (1766-69 A.D) :—- British defeated.
- Battle of Udgir (1770 A.D) :—- Marathas and the Nizam (win Marathas).
- Second Anglo MysoreWar (1780-84 A.D) :—- Hyder Ali dies. Treaty of Mangalore is signed.
- Third Anglo MysoreWar (1789-92 A.D) :—- Tipu Sultan and Treaty of Serirangapatnam is signed (win Tipu Sultan).
- Fourth Anglo MysoreWar (1799 A.D) :—- Tipu Sultan is defeated and killed.
- Second Anglo Maratha War (1803-06 A.D) :—- Marathas and to the British (win British).
- Third Anglo Maratha War (1817-19 A.D) :—- Marathas and to the British (win British).
- First Anglo Burmese War (1824-26 A.D) :—- British and over Burmese (win British).
- First Anglo Afghan War (1839-42 A.D) :—- British and Afghan ruler Dost Mohammad (win British).
- First Anglo Sikh War (1845-46 A.D) :—- Sikhs and to the British (win Sikhs).
- Second Anglo Sikh War (1848-49 A.D) :—- Punjab annexation by the British annexation.
- Second Anglo Burmese War (1852 A.D) :—- British win the war.
- Third Angio Burmese War (1865 A.D) :—- Burmais annexed (win British).
- Second Anglo Afghan War (1868-80 A.D) :—- Treaty of Gandamak is signed.
- Third Anglo Afghan War (1919-21 A.D) :—- Ended Artimice. Durand line established.
Get more important gk topic
in your mailbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.