healthcare in india
The expenditure on healthcare is very less,i.e. 4%of the GDP and private parties have the dominance over the sector(healthcare in india).
Health Sector in India : ---
- Public :--- Rural --- [Sub centers(SCs), Primary Health Centers (PHCs), Community Health centers (CHCs). Urban --- [District Hospitals, Teaching Hospitals].
- Private :--- [Private Hospital, Polyclinic, Nursing Homes, Dispensaries, General practitioners and clinies].
- Indigenous systemof Medicine :--- [Ayurveda and Siddha, Unani, Homeopath, Un-registered Practitioners.]
- Voluntary health agencies :--- [ Indian red cross Society, Hind Kusht Nivaran Sangh, Indian council for child Welfare, Tuberculosis Association of India, Bharat Sevak Samaj.]
National Health Programs in India
- Aids Control Program : ---- A division of Ministry of health and family Welfare,was established in 1992 to prevent and control HIV/ AIDS.
- Cancer Control : ---- Launched in 1975 for equipping the premier cancer hospital/institutions.
- Pulse polio campaign (Do Boond Zindegi ke) : ---- Initiated in 1978 the program aimed at preventing polio by vaccinating against the disease. As a result india was declared polio freein 2014.
- National leprosy Eradication program (NLEP) : ---- Launched in 1995 with an objective of eliminating leprosy with the use of Multidrug therapy (MDT) in phases.
- Eliminate kala-azar :---- A part of National Health Policy envisaged in 2010 to eradicate the dreaded 'kala-azar' or Visceral Leishmaniasis, alsoknown as 'black Fever' and 'Dumdum Fever' from India by 2015.
- National TB Control Program :---- Launched in 1962 with an objective of eradication of the disease but till 1992 only 30% of the country had been covered.
- National Tabacco Control Program :---- Launched in 2007 by the Ministry of Health and Family.
- National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) :---- Launched on 5th April 2005.Creation of cadre of Accredited Social health Activist (ASHA). Mainstreaming AYUSH (indian System of Medicine).
- Swachh bharat Abhiyan : ---- It was launched Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2nd October 2014,covering 4041 statutory towns with the purpose to clean the streets,roads and infrastructure of the nations .
- National Bal Swachhta Mission :---- It was launched by the union Government on 14th November 2014, on the 125th birth anniversary of India's first prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru. Its themes --- Clean Anganwadis, Playgrounds, Clean Self,Food,Drinking Water,Toilets
Get more important gk topic
in your mailbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.